Sometimes, a wizard has to calculate just the right amount of magic to prevent disaster.
Bruin, exiled to Arvent, starts life over as a simple charm-seller. That is, until he learns of Emmerich’s plan to meet Precene in a historic summit of kings.
In this game of secrets and alliances, the one wildcard is Galeen. The small coastal kingdom is dying under the stranglehold of Tier. The actions of the Crown Prince Gentius could be the difference between peace and war. Bruin decides to go to Gentius and offer his services in the hope of preventing disaster. However, only smugglers can pass through Tier’s blockade. He buys passage on one such ship for himself and his newly acquired apprentice.
During the voyage, Bruin discovers the ship carries precious cargo stolen from Lorst. It’s destined for persons unknown—a person that might be Gentius. Caught out in the ocean with nowhere to go, Bruin must choose between what is convenient for his mission and what is right.
- The Rise of Skywalker is an Omnishambles, Part One December 24, 2019
- It Chapter Two is Dull and Drags September 9, 2019
- Writing Report for August 2019 August 28, 2019
- I Found a Dime August 21, 2019
- Review: Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark August 15, 2019